Friday, October 28, 2005

Barbie Dienhof, Swedish Karaoke, Opera Drag Queens and Queer Weddings in Berlin!


Yes, and this is only the beginning. Where to start. It is hard to me to keep up on all these things, trying to recap, but at an internet cafe I am not always feeling the Berlin life that now runs through me. More drag shows coming up, one in Milano in Dec. as well at the cabarette at the Barbie Dienhof (http://www.bader-deinhoff.de/).. the most amazing bar/place ever... There is a huge Gala tonight at X-B, the huge building I live in in east berlin and we made lots of vegan cakes for it and now people are decorating and mixing up the bar in the ground floor, as well as the bike shop with has been converted into another bar. Wow, I really am not even knowing where to start in explaining what has been happening. Most of my friends here are still swedish and italian and we go out to karaoke bars with private booths and sing ´time of my life´ and britney and I go to the library tons and drink lots of black tea in the morning with my nice german bread. I think a lot about the US and being in Germany, think about why it´s different, what about this life that makes it so freeing and amazing. Right now I´m at an african owned internet cafe and there is a guy working here speaking an african dialect, at home it´s french, italian, german, swedish, and more. I ride my bike around this city and wonder where I really am. There is a huge Turkish population here also, some kind of agreement between germany and turkey... we eat lots of falafels and bakery goods. Stores are small and food is made fresh and it´s starting to get really dark at 6pm-18 hrs. I know I am jumping around, but I wanted to give an update of some kind, and this is what I have. I also went to a queer wedding this morning and the other wedding next to us was also queer... I think german and spanish with two girls and there were all these great fags there and this one trans girl who had amazing bangs and I wanted her to be my new bestfriend. I thinkI will go to my house for the gala now and make a big party with all the women and queerions of berlin. I have also found a job here finally.. watching polish girls who don´t speak english and also don´t have hair, so it will somehow grow back better. this is the story for now.

Take care and keep in touch!

No comments: