Monday, October 31, 2005

Drag Scene...


Today is my first day of work as a Nanny for a Polish family in a neighborhood south of here- two girls who don´t speak english yet and who have shaved heads. It´s sunny but still very cold and I keep on having performance fantasies when listening to bad radio in the morning with my tea and bread in the kitchen at X-B.

Last night I went with my roommates Lota (swedan) and Catalina (NYC) to a drag show at the club ÁHA´(www.kingsofberlin.de) . It was an open stage and I went with the idea of just checking out the scene... but inspired by the german line dancing and bad romio and juliet, plus some singing drag queens, I decided we needed to perform. Catalina went to NYU for drama and we quickly put together a performance with some stuff we both had done in the past. I was not wearing anying very special, so I just decided to perform in my bra, singing ´crying over you´ with Catalina coming out crying over me and then we did a sassy little southern girl act about our hats being happy and sad. It was really fun and I think people liked it- Catalina and I will most likely come up with more performances also, which I am looking forward to. Afterwards one of the bar tenders kept on kissing my hand and trying to get me drunk and I got to chat with lots of different people at the club. Afterwards we went to pizza and then to the gay disco club SO36, which was on the way home.

This morning Nossa came back to the house and told that all went well with her interview about the wedding (the one from Friday) and then I said my good byes to Nossa and Elisa who are going back to Amsterdam today- hopefully they will be setting up a show for me and friends as well.

One of Tinas friends in Milan wants us to come and perform at a party called ´Fetish Art´(www.fetish-art.it) for ealy dec. and I am working on an Alice in Wonderland theme for it- it looks like we are also going to perform in Balonia while in Italy. Also, after the show at AHA last night, I talked with this girl named Elliot (france) who works at the Barbie Dienhof and she asked me to be in the cabaret for late November. So great how many opportunities there are here for performing and trying new things.. I´m having lots of fun with trying new performances and getting to work with new people.

I´m not looking forward to working and getting enough money to get a bike and my new room... there is also a lamp at the flee market that I have my eye on... little things that make life feel nice sometimes.

No comments: